Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day 2 "I Was There the Whole Time"



I had a BLAST painting yesterday in my newly cleaned and organized space. I had three paintings started, and all I had to do is pick which one I wanted to work on first.







The painting just flowed! I painted from 9:30 am - 2:15pm.

I never know I am finished painting until a few days after. I like to look at the painting prior to finishing the piece with varnish. The first thing I do when I finish a piece is I take a picture of it and usually post it on my Facebook page to see what comments and  critiques I get from my Facebook friends. Here's the first picture I took:



I wasn't planning on adding a bird to this painting... but look who was waiting for me to notice him at the bottom left of the painting... HA! I LOVE intuitive painting! So, I immediately followed his calling and finished pulling out /painting the little guy! (See image below)

"I was there the whole time!"
15x30x2.5

I don't think I'm done with this piece yet... but I love the process and evolution of being an artist!

If you want to check out my face book page:
https://www.facebook.com/kim.elleryartist

Hope everyone has a happy day!
Kim




No comments:

Post a Comment