Friday, January 10, 2014

A Year in Review!








A YEAR IN REVIEW!




This has been the best year for my art!
I have been working hard at challenging myself, 
I’ve taken a few workshops, 
and I’ve made more sales this year than any other year. 
YAY!


"Surrounded"

I even opened up a new studio! 
It's much larger than my home studio, 
and I can have clients and friends meet me there! 
I also plan to have some Open Studios
 once the weather gets a bit nicer!


Westerly, RI Studio




HOWEVER…

This has also been the most difficult year of my life too! 
I have lost three people I loved dearly. 
Two were my best friends, and one was my father.
 I’d like to say I was Wonder Woman and stayed strong, 
helping those around me, keeping everything together...
THAT is the furthest thing from the truth!


My BFFL Laurie

Me and My Grandma, also one of my Best Friends!

My Dad with Alicia ( my oldest daughter) and Leo (White Golden)


I’m going to be brutally honest here. 
I had a nervous breakdown. 
Complete with suicidal tendencies and hospitalization. 
I kept thinking about Van Gogh,
 wondering if I had eaten too much paint! 
Anyway, it was hard for me to keep up with the demands of everyday life, 
never mind keeping up with supply and demand of clients and galleries.

"Take Time to Smell the Flowers"


The good news is that I am surrounded by people I love and who love me! 
Painting was, and is a BLESSING! 
For me, there is no better way to escape from the world 
than to get totally submerged in creating something beautiful 
that will help make other people happy!



One of my highlights of the year was taking a workshop from 
the wonderful and magnificent Flora Blowley!
If you ever get a chance to take one of her workshops… 
I HIGHLY recommend it! 
It was FUN and full of wonderful things to learn!


"Love Fully Bloomed"


I was also given the opportunity to join a new Gallery that had the potential of exposing my art internationally. I learned a lot from this opportunity… but the number one thing I learned was that I have to be true to myself, or else my gift of being able to create would up and walk out the door! I found that I do NOT do well under pressure… I am more content with surrounding myself with things that are familiar, and also to be able to create at my own pace.

FYI – Now that this is out of the way… be watching for more blogs from me! I have three more stories I’m looking forward to sharing with you!

ME! Scuba Diving!!!!


Happiness and Hugs to you all!

Kim

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing yourself, Kim. I am so sorry for all of your losses this year...I so understand all of them. I lost my husband 4 months ago and trying to find my way back into life and my studio. I found your words inspiring...peace and comfort and continued creativity! I so enjoy your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for your loss Carol. That is a huge loss! I hope you find your way into the studio soon and find some peace. Thanks for taking the time to leave words of encouragement for me!

      Delete