Monday, February 12, 2018

PERSONALIZED PAINTING!

Personalized Painting


I LOVE to tell stories in my paintings! Most times, these stories are left for the viewer to interpret what the painting is saying to them… BUT…

I have recently been blessed with a commission that allowed my love of story telling to be exercised. I had so much FUN!

A woman contacted me about a painting I had posted on Facebook. She said the painting made her so happy because it reminded her of her mom who had just passed four months earlier. I offered to create a painting especially for her, and she accepted my offer. I asked her many questions about her mom, favorite colors, what was she like, what music did she listen to… As I was painting, I imagined her mom sitting right next to me directing my brush. By the time I finished, I was overjoyed with all the little nuances that made this painting hers. Here is her painting:







Some of the interpretations: 

48 white flowers to represent the 48 years marriage.
Rose Garden because her mom had a rose garden that she loved. 
The forget me nots to remember that Mom is always with her, woven into the fabric of life
Three orange flowers representing the two sisters and the father.
The hidden flower is her mom, because she was uniquely special.
The floating heart as a reminder to always remember her moms love.                                   

I so enjoyed this new process of being told a story, and then interpreting it! 

So… Anyone want to share their story with me?
If you do, shoot me an email: kimellery@mac.com


Giant Hugs and Lots of Love!

Kim Ellery



No comments:

Post a Comment