Tuesday, February 15, 2011

FAVORITE LINKS!

ME AND BOB BURRIDGE
Today, I was sharing some of my favorite links with a couple of my students and friends... and the thought hit me! I need to share them in my blog!
One of my first workshops I ever took was a Bob Burridge workshop called
Loosen Up Your painting with Loosey Juicy Acrylics ( or something to that effect!)  ... That is how my love affair with Acrylic Paints Started!
Anyhow... I love one of Bob's quotes ( and there are many!!  :)   Bob always says " There's a piece of the Pie for Everyone"  .... In other words - Share in your knowledge and discoveries! There's room for every artist!
   I originally wanted to hoard my discoveries, fearing that if I shared them then I wouldn't have the edge! HAHAHAHA!!!!! I don't have any edge other than the one God gave me! (My desire and passion to paint)
   I can share ALL my favorite materials and teachers/mentors and you know what, EVERY artist in the room will paint differently from the other! I agree with Bob! Let's share in our knowledge and our favorites! Let's feed our young and support them! .... and one more thing.... SHOOT me if I ever become one of those pretentious artists that becomes too big for my own britches!


So, here they are... my favorite links!

  NOVA PAINT:

Great Paint, Great Price. I find it goes great with my Holbein paints!

Holbein Paints:
Love the Mat and Acryla Paints!


 WYANNE :
SUGGESTED ONLINE CLASS:
"PAINT FREE" BY WYANNE

Wyanne is an amazing teacher who is great for my busy schedule! You communicate with Wyanne via internet. She sets you up with a lesson or two, and you send her images in this funky online class! I LOVE IT! It makes it so that in between going to large events that last a couple days and I travel for, I have my Wyanne! She has really helped me to take my art to the next level! I really didn't know what to make of the whole online thing, but for $65 I thought it was worth a shot! I'm definitely hooked!!


BOB BURRIDGE


BOB'S FREE NEWS LETTER..... A MUST!!!


I don't paint without one of Bob's color wheels across from me!

Linda's work is beautiful! Definite difference from Bobs! Both are AMAZING teachers, and BOTH will be at the Holbein Event I'm going to in vermont in July (link below)!! Linda is sweet, and gentle, and soothing to the soul! I LOVE her!!! Bob, is wacky and crazy ( nothing soothing about Bob!) ... if you want to be set free and loosen up, Bob's crazy jokes, colors and fast pace is the way to go! I personally need a Bob and Linda fix when I go!
Linda Kemp:



AN EVENT NOT TO BE MISSED! I'M GOING... ANYONE WANT TO COME????

JJJULy 26-30, 2011
Vermont Art Event - Holbein HK Trade Show (Tuesday-Saturday)
Williston, Vermont. For more information and a schedule, contact HK Holbein, (800) 682-6686.



CANVAS 


Good canvas for a Great Price



BRUSHES:


Great Brushes for a great price!

1 comment: